Auburn fans, please look away now. Bama fans (there’s only one of us here at Birminghammommy! And it’s ME!) – we’re getting ready to make history again and we all know that those of us who won’t be in Pasadena will be at home throwing the ultimate game party. But there’s no need to break the bank here! We’ve got some tips to help you throw a great party on a skinny budget. Got more ideas? Please share them!
- Use Evite!
- Head to the dollar store for red and white paper products
- Purchase some poster board and make a banner to hang at your front door or cut it out in the shape of a football, paint and place on your door!
- Grab 6-10 balloons (dollar store, grocery store, party store) and place them at the entrance
- Provide the main course and a few dips & chips, popcorn…, then ask guests to bring a side dish or appetizer. If appropriate, have it BYOB. For recipes – check out a wide assortment of food over at Mommadrool’s Blog or check this out! And don’t forget to dig through those coupons to snag a deal on what you do need to buy!
- Temporarily move another household TV into the kitchen as this is always a gathering place
For the Kids:
- Make sugar cookies in the shape of footballs and set up an area to allow the children at the party to decorate
- Set up an adult free zone and have an area that’s just for the kids, if old enough give them an arsenal of movies they can put in on their own… or set up a movie theater let them have popcorn and candy…
- if you don’t own one, ask to borrow a pack-n-play to put in a quiet room away from the party – should any small guests need a break.
- Dig through your craft bin and find some kid-friendly crafts to keep those little hands busy – even spare coloring books can buy you enough time to watch that final touchdown!