Storytime Spotlight this week comes from the Martha Moore Public Library in Gardendale. Not only does this library offer weekly storytime, they also host a wide variety of other programs for your entire family!
Wednesday’s at 9:30am. Stories, music and fun for alll ages!
Toddler Time –
Friday’s 10am and again and 10:30am. A lapsit storytime focusing on stories, action songs, and rhymes that are shared with toddlers and adults who bring them.Toddlers will be introduced to first Spanish words, numbers and colors. The goal is to develop nurture a child’s love for books and prepare them for the family storytime experience.
Best suited for ages 3 and under.
Kids Book Club –
1st Tuesdays at 3:30pm. Read a different book every month and stay to enjoy games, snacks and lots of fun!
First Saturday Matinee –
1st Saturdays at Noon. Watch a new release on the big screen. Popcorn provided!
American Girl Club –
Every 3rd Tuesday at 3:30pm. Explore America through the eyes of a different American Girl. Bring your dolls and your books and you’re even welcome to dress up from that time period. We’ll watch movies and learn! Best suited for ages K-5 and Up.
Character Kids –
2nd and 4th Monday’s at 3:30pm. A fun interactive time for children grades 1 – 3. Stories, a craft, snack and other activities may be included to enhance character development in your child.
Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when attending a storytime at Martha Moore Library. For more information on their programs or special events, visit their website.
- Arrive early! We begin each program right on time, and you do not want to miss any fun!
- Visit the restroom before storytime begins.
- Please be considerate. Take crying or disruptive children out of the story room.
- Listen, listen, listen! Parents and children should be as quiet as possible while the storyteller is speaking. Each storytime incorporates fingerplays, songs, and movement, so you’ll have plenty of time to shake out your sillies!
- Parents should sit with children under three to prevent distractions.
- Enjoy yourselves. Each program is designed to introduce kids to the pleasures of reading. Books and libraries are fun!