If you’re looking for an amazing sugar cookie recipe, look no further! You can make these cookies as thick or as thin as you want- and if you want to smack some serious frosting on that thing, go for it! The great thing about these cookies is you can make them for any holiday, St. Patrick’s Day, Christmas….all of them!
If you don’t have holiday themed cookie cutters on hand, and want to save a little “dough” just use the drinking end of a glass to cut some cookies. You can still decorate for the holiday of your choice with colored frosting and sprinkles!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Mix butter and sugar together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add in the two eggs and the vanilla.
- In a different bowl, mix together all of your dry ingredients.
- Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture slowly until the dough forms.
- Cover the dough in the bowl with cling wrap and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Some recipes will tell you that you can let it chill for at least 3 hours. I tried that with this recipe and they did NOT turn out as well. Because there is so much butter in this recipe the dough will be too soft if not chilled.
- When you are ready to bake preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Flour your counter and dump the dough out of the bowl. Roll it out with a rolling pin (as thick or thin as you like) and start cookie cuttin’!
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Keep and eye on them because you want them to barely be golden when you pull them out.
- Enjoy the deliciousness!!!