Monster Jam is rolling into Birmingham this weekend, if it’s your first show, you probably have a few questions about what to expect so we thought we would give you the top 5 things you need to know before you go!
- Monster Jam in LOUD! It’s great fun for the whole family, and all ages, but because it’s in a closed in arena, it can get super loud for little ears (big ears too!) Make sure to take some ear plugs or noise canceling head phones if you have them. They are available for sale at the arena, while supplies last.
- Clear bag rule is in effect. Purses and wallets that are larger than 14 x 14 x 6 are not allowed. You will need a clear bag or one gallon sized plastic bag. Back packs of that size are allowed but may not have more than one compartment. So, save yourself a trip back to the car and figure out your bag/purse situation before you go! (see below for the BJCC rules on bags)
- Pit Party! If you’re planning to attend the pit party prior to the show, make sure you arrive early. The lines can get pretty long, especially in front of the more popular trucks and drivers. If you want to ensure you get to meet your favorite driver, go early!
- Dirt. If you’re planning to go to the pit party your shoes are going to get dirty. Make sure you’re wearing something appropriate for walking on a mound of dirt. If your seats are close to the floor they will be dusty and dirty when you arrive. Plan outfits accordingly.
- You are the Judge! Throughout the competition, you’ll be asked to be a part of the judging panel to determine the winner by using your smartphone or tablet on www.JudgesZone.com
If you’re planning to see a show this weekend, we hope this helps as you make your plans. If you have anything else to add, we would love to hear about it in the comments!