Birmingham Moms, I’m here to tell you that I’ve eaten out A LOT since I moved to Bama. I’ve hauled my kids to just about every restaurant in town and I’ve had some good times and some bad times. By bad times, I mean that I unknowingly found myself in a definitely adult only restaurant with my toddler and baby. I took a hint when the server politely said “We don’t have any cups with lids, we really don’t ever get kids in here.” At least the South is polite…
So, from my many failures, I know where to go. And I will admit, there are several categories: Eating where the kids will enjoy it, eating where the adults will enjoy it, and eating where BOTH can enjoy it. I can list tons of places in the first two categories, but in the “BOTH” I can only think of a few. One of my favorites is Jim ‘n Nick’s.
Everyone in Birmingham knows all about Jim ‘n Nick’s. It’s great BBQ at a great price, with a fun atmosphere.
Here are my observations:
- Freshmade cheese biscuits- Kids and adults are happy for these . They are perfect to keep kids quiet until their food gets to the table, and they are simply delicious.
- Drink specials- If you get a night out, the best prices can be found at Jim ‘n Nick’s. Several drinks such as Jack & Cokes are only $3, all the time! Check your local J ‘n N’s for specifics, this varies.
- $4 kid meals, no charge for the drink- Good choices on the kids’ menu, and let me tell you… the chicken tenders are DELIGHTFUL.
- Chicken tenders- let me reiterate, DELIGHTFUL. I get the tenders at almost every establishment I go to, I am an afficianado. I know tenders, and these are good.
- Great menu with a large selection- BBQ, baked potatoes, chicken tenders, even tacos!! There’s something to please everyone.
- Taco Tuesdays! $2.49 per taco, $1.49 per Mexican beer. Pork, brisket, chicken, or catfish tacos… Is it Tuesday yet?!?
I can sum up Jim ‘n Nick’s with this: It’s great for meals with kids or for date night. You just can’t go wrong!