Is your household obsessed with all things pumpkin spice? Then try this take on your next batch of rice krispy treats!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the baking dish
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 (10-ounce) bag plus 1 cup mini marshmallows, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground allspice
- 6 cups crispy rice cerealCoat a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter; set aside.
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the pumpkin and cook until warmed through. Fold in 10 ounces of the marshmallows, stirring frequently until almost completely melted. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt, and remove from heat.
Let the marshmallow mixture cool 10 minutes. Add the remaining 1 cup marshmallows and stir to combine. Let the mixture cool to room temperature, 20 to 25 minutes (failure to cool the mixture will result in soggy treats). Add the cereal and stir with a silicone or rubber spatula until combined.
Transfer to the baking dish and press into an even layer. Let sit for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.