For many Moms putting Easter baskets together is a fun filled activity of arranging spring favorites into a spring themed basket of fun. For others, it’s one more thing on the never ending to-do list of parenting. Whichever one you are, is a-ok… We’ve got you covered. Here are some ideas to get you started and bonus, these don’t involve a sugar high!
1. Theme a basket to a movie your kids favorite movie or something they are are wanting to see. Get a couple of themed items along with movie tickets or a gift card for you to go see the movie together as a family. You could also do this with something that is new on DVD or a Redbox Gift Card. Include popcorn, and candy and make Sunday night your movie night. Keep it local/covid friendly by checking out the Grand River Drive In!
2. Pick up some tickets to a local attraction such as McWane Science Center, Splash Adventure, Desoto Caverns, The Zoo etc.
3. Theme a basket for outside toys. The weather is warming up and you can never have enough sidewalk chalk or bubbles, maybe even spring for a bubble machine! A great place for these items is 5 Below, if you have one near you.
4. Self Care Basket. If you have some kiddos that like bath bombs and face masks, this would be a good time to go crazy with all of the fun bath stuff that’s so popular right now. Target has a great selection, and if you want to shop local, Soca Girl in Homewood has an entire section of fun self care supplies for preteens and tweens.
5. Sports Basket. Much like some tickets to our local attractions, you could theme a basket for the sports fan in your family. The Birmingham Barons will open their 2021 season on May 4th, get tickets to a game, a new glove, some baseball cards, Big League Chew and some sunflower seeds would be a perfect basket for a sports fan.
6. Coffee Basket. I know this sounds more like something you would want the Easter Bunny to bring you, but if you have a Teen that has already fallen into the world of coffee addiction, try a basket filled with some fun re-usable cups, a travel mug and gift card to their favorite coffee shop.
Other ideas include:
SQUISHMALLOWS (trust us on this one, if you can find them, you’ll be a hero. At last look, Learning Express in Cahaba Heights had some stock)
Slime Supplies (if you’re nice and still haven’t banned it from your home like I have)
Fun Post It’s
Gift Cards to their favorite store