This holiday season will be even brighter, merrier and more colorful as Magic of Lights transforms Alabama Adventure into a vibrant drive-through holiday-themed light display. The festive event kicks off November 17th and runs through December 31st.
Produced by Family Entertainment Holdings, LLC, “Magic of Lights” will make its Birmingham, AL debut at Alabama Adventure, featuring dozens of displays, festive favorites, and digital animation, all constructed with millions of individual LED lights to create a memorable holiday experience for the whole family.
“We are excited to bring Magic of Lights to the Birmingham community for the first time ever and believe it will become an annual holiday tradition,” says Ken Hudgens, CEO of Family Entertainment Holdings, LLC. “Our innovative creative team has designed a drive-through holiday wonderland light experience that promises to dazzle and delight guests of all ages.”
“We are absolutely thrilled to be collaborating with Magic of Lights for our upcoming Christmas light show! Their expertise in creating enchanting, immersive light displays is unparalleled, and we couldn’t have asked for a better partner to bring this vision to life. Together, we’re going to create a Christmas experience like no other, one that will leave our guests in awe and filled with the spirit of the season. We can’t wait to see the magic they’ll weave into our park to make this holiday season truly unforgettable!” -Dan Koch, President and Owner
Other illuminated displays include the 32-foot-tall animated Mattel’s Waving Christmas Barbie®, Prehistoric Christmas featuring life sized dinosaurs celebrating the season, and the legendary BIGFOOT® Monster Truck. Created with over two million sparkling lights, Magic of Lights is a nostalgic and festive event everyone will enjoy.
A new augmented reality feature will be introduced this year as well to make the magical experience even more interactive, with details set to be released in November.
QUICK FACTS – MAGIC OF LIGHTS
· 2+ million lights per Magic of Lights event
· 12.6 miles of light cord per Magic of Lights event
· 3,750 staff hours to set up each Magic of Lights event
· The steel displays are designed, bent, cut and welded into about 800 frames that are combined in different configurations to create each show’s giant winter holiday scenes. Each frame of each scene is designed using the latest CAD technology and hand built in-house from 15 pages of design specifications each.
· Each Magic of Lights show uses about 10 miles of steel to build the displays and 10 miles of LED lighting installed inside the displays, there are 10 different colors of LED bulbs used in the shows.
· Scenes, such as the animated Mattel’s Waving Christmas Barbie, are as high as 32 ft. tall and as long as several hundred feet.
Magic of Lights shines daily from 5:30 – 9:00 PM Monday – Thursday and 5:30 – 10:00 PM Friday -Sunday. Tickets for this colorful seasonal event go on sale October 10th at 10 am and tickets are priced per vehicle.
For a complete schedule and to purchase tickets, visit THIS SITE