Mommadrool has done it again! She’s concocted a delicious dinner for us to savor on a cold winter’s night. Enjoy!
Mommadrool’s Pseudo-Shepherd’s Pie
1 pound ground sirloin
1 garlic clove, minced
3/4 cup frozen peas
1 onion, finely chopped
1 bell pepper, finely chopped
3 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 package Simply Potatoes Original Mashed Potatoes (in the egg/milk section at the store)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup A1 Steak Sauce
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add olive oil to a skillet and warm over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, and celery. Cook for 8 minutes over medium heat.
2) Add ground sirloin and heat until cooked through, stirring frequently.
3) Stir in peas, Worcestershire sauce, and A1 Steak Sauce and simmer for 6 minutes.
4)Spread meat mixture into the bottom of a glass baking dish.
5) In a bowl, mix potatoes with 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Spread potatoe mixture on top of meat. Sprinkle remaining cup of cheddar cheese on the top of casserole.
6) Bake casserole for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
You can find many more droolicious recipes over at Mommadrools blog “Close Encounters of the Drool Kind”