The Kentucky Derby is just around the corner and as much as we like to sit around with our friends watching the live coverage, drinking Mint Juleps all day, we need something festive for the kiddos to drink. You’ll love this version of the Derby Day Tradition.
Kentucky Derby Mint Squeeze:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 cup prepared lemonade
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar and 1 tablespoon of chopped mint. Stir and bring to a boil. Cook until sugar has dissolved, then remove from heat and set aside to cool. After about an hour, strain out mint leaves.
- Fill 2 cups or frozen goblets with crushed ice. Pour 1/2 of the lemonade into each glass and top with a splash of the sugar syrup. Garnish each with a mint sprig and a straw. Serve on a silver platter.