“Take advantage of some great late summer produce and sneak in those extra servings of vegetables with this family-friendly dinner. Trust me, the kids will forget they are eating vegetables with this recipe!” Yields 4 servings
1/3 cup lowfat sour cream
2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lowfat milk Crepe Ingredients:
2 teaspoons lemon juice 1 cup whole wheat flour
salt and pepper 2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups zucchini, chopped 1 cup lowfat milk
2 cups corn kernels 1/2 cup water
1 cup green beans, chopped 2 teapsoons butter, melted
2 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese 2 eggs
1/2 cup shredded lowfat Monterey Jack cheese
1) Whisk together sour cream, onion, milk, and lemon juice in a small bowl with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Refrigerate.
2) Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and cook until tender. About 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Preheat an 8-inch skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan and quickly tilt pan in all directions to coat pan. Cook 1 minute. Flip with a spatula and cook an additional 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter. Separate cooked crepes with parchment paper or paper towels.
4) Add both cheeses to vegetable mixture and toss until melted. Remove from heat.
5) Evenly divide vegetables among crepes. Roll up and place seam side down on plates. Top with sour cream mixture.