1 large eggplant
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
20 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
salt and pepper
2 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese
2 pita rounds, halved
4 romaine lettuce leaves
1) Preheat grill. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, garlic, half of basil leaves, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
2) Slice eggpant into about 1/2-inch slices for 8 total slices. Brush oil and vinegar mixture onto both sides of eggplant.
3) In another bowl, mix together cream cheese, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, pinch of salt and pepper, and remaining basil leaves.
4) Grill eggplant slices over direct heat for 3 minutes on each side.
5) Divide cream cheese mixture among 4 pitas and spread on inside. Place 2 eggplant slices in each pita half straight from grill. Stuff pita halves with one romaine lettuce leaf. Yields 4 servings.
Like this? You can find many more droolicious recipes over at her site, “2 Little Chicks”
I have been blessed with 2 beautiful kids, one funny little girl & one sweet little boy. They are always the best part of my day. I’m also the luckiest gal in the world because I am married to my soulmate, the kindest and most selfless man I know.