This. This was the funnest craft I have ever done. I would have killed for this lantern when I was a little girl!! Who am I kidding?? Mine is going straight in my room, TONIGHT! Just imagine- this adorable little fairy could be flickering in your childs window. This craft is also great because its almost impossible to mess up- so you and your kids can do it together!! I should mention- if your child isn’t into fairies, you can use any sticker on the inside of your jar- I am planning on making one for my son with a shark or dinosaur inside because that it what he is into right now…. You can also use any color glitter- as long as it is a light color!! You need to be able to see your sticker through it.
**Important tip** I got everything in this picture EXCEPT the sticker at the dollar store. Cha-ching.
What you need:
- Mason Jar (size doesn’t matter)
- Mod Podge
- paint brush
- glitter (LIGHT color of your choice)
- Sticker (of your choice- I knew before starting this I wanted to do a fairy lantern and I was lucky enough to find an actual Tinkerbell sticker at Michael’s)
- battery powered tea light (emphasis on battery powered)
- fake flowers
- glue gun
- Place your sticker on the inside of your mason jar. (make sure you remove the lid and keep it off- set it aside for later)
- Pour glitter onto a paper plate (so you can roll your jar in it). Don’t worry about wasting it, you can always pour the leftovers back in the container and save for another craft.
- Paint the entire outside of your mason jar with Mod Podge.
- Roll your podged jar in your glitter!
- Set aside to try.
- Pick up your mason jar lid and hot glue your fake flowers on top however you like, and set that aside to dry too.
- When you jar is all dry and you flower’s glue has dried too, drop your tea light in that sucker and admire your beautiful creation!!!