Cooler winter months are coming and our time spent outside will be limited. Luckily, there are plenty of fun activities that the entire family can do together at home. Here are a few to inspire your own family:
1. Movie Night—This is a simple activity that everyone will enjoy. Every time you have a movie night, let a different family member pick their favorite. That way, everyone will have a turn choosing something to watch in the coming weeks. Better yet, consider a movie marathon over the weekend and allow each family member to choose one leg of the marathon. Don’t forget to bring popcorn and treats. In fact, make it part of the activity and make a delicious treat as a family to share during the movie.
2. Homemade Pizza—Many families have a tradition of ordering pizza once a week (or when no one feels like cooking). Do things a little different and learn to make pizza at home. Choose one type that everyone enjoys, or let everyone make a personal-sized pizza and add whatever toppings they’d like. Learning to make pizza at home is also an excellent opportunity to teach your kids a new skill.
3. Indoor Camping—Just because you can’t go out doesn’t mean you can’t have a family adventure indoors. Involve the whole family in setting up a tent (if you have the space) and sleeping bags. Sing songs, tell stories, and make these campfire cones in the oven.
4. Dance Party—Make a playlist of your family members’ favorite songs. Gather together in one room and dance to your new playlist. It’ll be a great way to laugh together and let go of any stress you may be feeling at the moment. It’s also a great way to get moving and get some exercise!
5. Art Night—Bring out the crayons, pencils, watercolors, and paper. Come up with a theme, such as nature, animal friends, or family portraits. It’ll be fun to see what everyone comes up with while allowing them to get creative.
It can be challenging to know how to keep your entire family entertained during the cold winter months. However, it’s the perfect opportunity to make creative new memories!
Thank you to our site sponsors, Sophia Leece and Scott Boudreaux with LAH Real Estate. For more information on what’s happening in the Birmingham Housing Market, or to schedule a free home buyer/seller consultation, you can reach them:
Sophia Leece, 205.895.9120 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Boudreaux, 205.835.9787 | email@example.com