We pulled this yummy recipe together over the 4th of July and it was hit! We’ll be adding to our rotation for football season, give it a try!
What You’ll Need:
- 1lb pork sausage (or regular)
- 1 cup of your favorite beer
- 32oz. Velveeta, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans Rotel Tomatoes, (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, (drained and rinsed)
- Fresh cilantro to garnish (optional)
What You’ll Do:
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Crumble and turn the sausage as it cooks.
- Once the sausage is cooked through, add in beer and allow to reduce for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the Velveeta and Monterrey Jack Cheeses. Once melted, and Rotel, black beans and stir.
- Serve warm with your favorite chips!
Crock Pot Option:
Cook Sausage thoroughly and add all ingredients into a crockpot and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally.