This may be the most delicious variation of pecan pie I have ever eaten- and I don’t think I will ever be able to eat pecan pie without chocolate in it again. This has Christmas dessert written all over it. I made it for Thanksgiving and I am going to make it like this from now on because there was enough for everyone! Usually I have to make at least two pecan pies to take to dinner but with these pecan pie bars you can serve more people just by baking it like this instead of a pie!
Here is what you need:
- 3 cups of pecan halves
- 2 store bought refrigerated pie crusts (or you could make your own!)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar diluted in 1/4 cup warm water (or 1 cup light corn syrup)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Take out your pie crusts and lay them down on the counter like a venn diagram would look. Roll them with a rolling pin into a rectangle shape so they will fit into you 9’x13′ pan. Place crust in the pan.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, and sugar mixture or corn syrup. Then add chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour the mixture over the crust in your pan. *note- it will be very runny at this point.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the pie bars have mostly set in the center. Cool and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. *You MUST refrigerate or your ooey gooey goodness will stay at a soupy consistency.
- Before serving melt some of the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over the top. Sprinkle some whole chocolate chips on the top too!
Brittany was born and raised in Alabama. She is a Wife and Mama of two sweet babies- her son John is two years old and her daughter Annie is ten months old. She is pursuing her degree in Home and Family Studies with an emphasis on Child Development from BYU. She is looking forward to writing for Birmingham Mommy in preparation for graduation in the Fall of 2016.