If you like movies and laid back fun with your family, you need to pay a visit to the Coyote Drive-In.
My girls and I have a movie obsession, and we’ve quickly become big fans of the new(ish) drive in. We’ve been several times now and have several movies we’re planning to see once they’re released. In addition to catching the newest release, we like to make it a night of shopping, dinner, and playing. Here are a few tips that we’ve learned along the way:
- Arrive Early! We love getting there early so we can get a spot on the front row and take advantage of the grassy area. It’s perfect for our chairs, blankets and letting the kids run around before the movie starts. Coyote Drive In is open 7 days a week and open at 6pm Monday – Thursday, and 5:30pm Friday – Monday. We usually get there shortly after the gates open to ensure our favorite spot.
- Shop: The beauty of the location (behind the Outlet Shops of Grand River) is you’re able to do a little shopping while you’re there.
- Eat Dinner: After we shop, we grab dinner at the Canteen. There are plenty of choices that will please everyone in the family, they even have a bar if you want to grab an adult beverage with your dinner or to enjoy while you watch the kids play.
- Play! After dinner, let the kiddos play on their playground or get in a round of golf on their Miniature Golf Course.
$4 per person.
6:00pm – 9:30pm, Mon – Thurs
5:30pm – 9:30pm, Friday
11:30am – 9:30pm, Saturday & Sunday.
- Concessions: Once we’ve shopped, filled our bellies, and played for a bit, we grab our popcorn, and candy then head back to our spot to settle in for our movie.
As you can see, it’s so much more than just seeing a movie, and we look forward to working more of these nights into our summer fun. Here are a few more tips:
- Bug spray, toss some in your bag if you’re planning to sit outside of your car.
- Car Battery. If you’re worried about running your battery the entire time, you can rent a small radio from the bar. If you run your battery down, they have portable chargers to help give you a jump.
- Take a blanket. Even on some of these hot days, the nights can still get a little cool.
- It’s more fun with friends. If you have some friends who are up for a night out, get them to come along. It’s like tailgating before a football game.
- Sunsets. They don’t charge extra for those, but they’re some of the best you’ll see. Make sure you’re there in time for that!
Summer Season Pricing: $7.00 Ages 12+ | $5.00 Ages 5-11 | Ages 4 & Under FREE
Have you seen a movie at the Coyote Drive In? What tips do you have to share with our readers?
Coyote Drive In is located at the Outlet Shops of Grand River. Just a quick drive (It truly is quick) from Birmingham and surrounding areas..